[linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 15:40:44 EDT 2005

Robin,

Recently you posted:

> Perhaps you could submit a few details, including packages,
> distribution, hardware and error messages, rather than some vague
> assertion.
> F/OSS packages do not cost you anything so why not spend a little time,
> posting the problems and filing bug reports to help improve the
> software. In other words be constructive rather than destructive.

First of all, the original statement to which I responded was vague.
I merely responded in kind.

Second, it appears that you didn't do your homework regarding bug
reports, etc.  FYI, the main problem is indiscriminant use of mlockall()
in Linux audio, especially making it the default behavior.  Many people
are not affected by it because they aren't really doing much with their
systems.

Third, I've written Linux audio software myself, which I consider to be
more constructive than many people here.  Construction means making
something, doesn't it?

Fourth, labelling something as "destructive" or "not constructive" is counterproductive to further discussion, therefore counterproductive
to that which you seem to be suggesting that I do.  It defeats your own
argument.

Regards,
Dave.