[linux-audio-user] Specifying the license when posting music?

Tom Poe tompoe at studioforrecording.org
Thu Aug 18 10:24:05 EDT 2005

tim hall offered the following on 08/18/2005 08:56 AM:
> On Sunday 07 August 2005 13:07, David Collins wrote:
>
>>Some people might not even want their music listened
>>to by anyone except those on the mailing list.
>

> A lot of stuff posted to the list is WIP - one would normally only license the
> final release unless you specifically want to invite people into a
> co-creative process. All stuff to be encouraged, but not assumed.
Might I suggest some cover statement about WIP files intended for list
members only, and that final releases are encouraged to consider CC
licensing, along with an announcement to list members?  Or, something to
that effect?  Such information could be inserted in the mailing list
signup page: