[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Mondrian Project

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:02:25 EDT 2005

Peter Brinkmann wrote:

> Any feedback would be appreciated!
>     Peter

First: It looks very interresting. Comments:

1) I managed to get everything installed, but a more detailed
installation instruction would be nice.

2) How can I get more instances of mondrian running in sync each sending
on different midi out ports? Can I sync mondrian to other things (or the
other way around)? Or put another way: could you elaborate a bit on how
one would go about running an entire performance from mondrian and/or
integrating it with other tools?

3) I grabed the "scaled.mon" from the documentation, but I get this (the
other files work fine):
atte at aarhus:~/music/mondrian$ mondrian scales.mon
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/RawOutstreamFile.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xe1' in file
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/DataTypeConverters.py on line 117, but
no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for
details
   from DataTypeConverters import writeBew, writeVar, fromBytes
MThd`MTrkÿ/MTrkÿ/

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte