[linux-audio-user] Re: Gnome/K3B CDA burning issue

Paul set at pobox.com
Fri Aug 19 22:10:31 EDT 2005

Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo at free.fr>, on Fri Aug 19, 2005 [09:02:00 PM] said:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Mike's mail reminded me I have a persistent problem in K3B when burning
> audio CDs.
>
> I want to burn CDAs with no pause between the tracks. I pop up the
> "Properties" window on the tracks, sets the padding to 0 sec. which
> should do the job. In fact, the burning process is OK. The CD is indeed
> readable...
>
> However, the problem I encounter is that the CD is burnt as a two track
> CD. My Walkman doesn't manage to skip to a track with a higher number
> than  2. What is wrong here?
>
> May it be related to the fact I burn CDAs in DAO mode (I was once told:
> "If you want no pause between your tracks, you'll have to burn it in DAO
> mode")? Must I burn them slower than 8x (a thing my burner seems unable
> to do)?
>
> Has anyone experienced the same problem?
> Does anyone know where it can come from?
>
> This reminds me of another question (-:
>
> Is there an audio CD extractor able to rip the whole CD as a unique
> track? I think there was one in Win which could even provide the .cue
> file with track time indexes which was a really nice feature... That
> would be great if it existed in Linux, which I don't doubt (-:

	Hi;

	cdrdao does exactly this. actually, so can cdrecord. K3B is
generally just a front end to these types of programs, but if it
is not doing the right thing, then I would read up on cdrdao, which
can make exact duplicates of cd's including things like 'hidden'
tracks.
	The man pages for cdrdao and cdrecord are quite extensive.

Good Luck;
Paul
set at pobox.com