[linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki - (was usb controller keyboards)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:20:41 EDT 2005

On Sunday 21 August 2005 03:43 pm, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > Shure, as long as there are people contributing
>
> I'd contribute some articles from time to time. What about others?
>
> > I would contribute the web-space and a moin-moin (python) wiki
> > installation. IMO visitorfriendlyness is most importent,
> > a logical menu structure, an introduction (what's all this about)

(Sorry for losing the attribution of the previous paragraph.)
Does moin-moin have a way to divide content into sections (groups of pages,
like folders (directories, or webs as TWiki likes to call them)?  I think
that capability is very useful, but can probably be handled by other means as
well (category labels, page names, ...).

> That's absolutely right. This all means we need some people who are
> willing to share their knowledge so other users can benefit from it.
>
> What about the domain name? I offered to pay it. Can you host the wiki
> under this domain, or is your webspace fixed to a domain?
>
> What about the name? I'll offer some ideas:
>
> * linuxaudiowiki.org
> * linuxaudio.org
> * freeaudiosoftware.org

I'd suggest not including wiki in the domain name.  You might host stuff other
than the wiki at the domain, and you can create a subdomain (at no cost) like
wiki.linuxaudio.org once you own linuxaudio.org (which is the domain name I'd
recommend).

Randy Kramer