[linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 11:55:04 EDT 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 09:23 am, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
> If you agree, with the "non-categorisation",
> we all could start to edit the contents and move
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LinuxAudioListOfPages
> (Note, the wiki-syntax is different)

Best wishes for the move!

Not to be difficult, but (as <something> of WikiLearn) I have to mention some
things:

One of my policies (not sure where it is written, but I'm fairly sure it is)
on WikiLearn is to never leave a dead link, so if you move the content off
WikiLearn, please leave each page in place with a note like "Linux Audio
pages moved to <new domain>, this page can now be found at <new URL for
page>".

I'd like to request that if you move the content before the new domain is
created, you revise the note above accordingly after the new domain is
created.

Also, I don't think it necessarily applies in this case, but if I've
contributed "real content" (as opposed to formatting and orgainzational type
stuff), I want it left on WikiLearn, as WikiLearn is (among other things) my
learning notebook.  (I don't mind (in the specific case of any of my content
on the Linux Audio pages) it being duplicated somewhere else
(non-commercialy), with proper attribution.)

Finally, content on WikiLearn / TWiki remains the property of the original
author(s).  I think you need to either check with (or hear from) the original
authors to confirm they have no problem with moving their content.

regards,
Randy Kramer