[linux-audio-user] Re: Midi Test

Kevin Sookocheff kbs464 at mail.usask.ca
Mon Aug 22 19:49:36 EDT 2005

> A simple test would be to launch qjackctl and look at the connect
> panel's MIDI
> tab - if you don't see anything there, then MIDI isn't working.

in qjackctl I have 62:Midi Through as a parent and 0:Midi Through
Port-0 as child in both readable and writable clients.

> You should already have:
> snd-seq-midi
> as the first entry in /etc/modules (?). In the past I've had to add:
>snd-mpu401-uart
>to that list in order to get it working. Check what your soundcard uses.

snd-seq-midi is one of the loaded modules.  I have noticed that
snd-mpu401-uart is listed in aadebug.  I'll try adding it to
/etc/modules.  In the meantime, what I'm looking for is a simple test
program that when I press on a key from the keyboard, something lights
up or sounds to tell me that it's connected and working in some fashion.

Kevin