[linux-audio-user] SBLive5.1 Digital Synth Music

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Aug 22 19:50:59 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 19:55 +0100, BJaY wrote:
> Hi, I just got hold of an SBLive5.1 Digital. I can only get Synth
> sound my selecting the Synth capture, then routing alsa_capture to
> alsa_playback, but this means I can't use the line in for recording.
> The 'Music' slider is missing from all the the mixer interfaces.

We renamed the playback control to "Synth".  "Music" was a terrible
name.

>  I also have'nt got a clue about all the routing options or effects
> routing options. Aynone got a good URL ?

They don't exist.  The Linux driver for this card does not support
hardware chorus and reverb sends on the wavetable synth like on Windows.

>  It /proc and sfxload report 128Mb available for SoundFonts (Specs say
> 32Mb), and it works. Did they change the specs or somthing ?

IIRC the 32MB limit is a Windows kernel limitation.

And don't use sfxload, it's an OSS program.  Use asfxload.

Lee