[linux-audio-user] kernel 2.6.12 and hotplugging

Frode Haugsgjerd froh at fsb.gotdns.org
Wed Aug 24 07:03:59 EDT 2005

ons, 24,.08.2005 kl. 12.38 +0200, skrev conrad berhörster:
> Hello
> yesterday i updated my suse 9.3 system with the "new" kernel 2.6.12  from
> scratch with copying the .config file with zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
>
> now, there is no hotpluggung via usb neither pcmcia . On the old system,
> evrythink worked perfect. On the USB side, there are no control light
> shining, while booting or system running.
>
> Do  i miss a script ??
>
> ahhh system :
> fujutsu siemens lifebook e series
>

> any hints are welcome
>
> c~

The stock Suse kernel probably contains patches for hotplug/grepmap
support. I know Ubuntu Warty does, and because of this, starting hotplug
takes a while with my vanilla-2.6.12 + RT kernel. Personaly i don't
really care. The only thing thats not working is mounting of removable
storage (USB camera). I use a custom script to mount and move my images
anyway.
--
Frode Haugsgjerd
Norway