[linux-audio-user] Re: Frustrated bigtime

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:18:44 EDT 2005

On 8/25/05, Tracey Hytry <shakti at bayarea.net> wrote:

> There are other little things that may help.  Such as:  It would help if people who just started with linux audio not jump in here whining in the hopes that we will instantly fix their problems.

I didn't come in here whining or demanding instant fixes to my
problems.  I explained my problems, what I had tried, and asked if
anyone had any ideas.  Some people did and they in fact helped a great
deal...I am much closer to having what I want from this computer than
I was after spending hours on it by myself and pissing myself off.
Others felt the need to jump on my case and treat me like a moron for
trying the things people suggested...without providing any help
themselves.

Like I said, there are ways to help people, and there are ways to not
help people.  If Lee happens to be one of the more knowledgable people
here ok, but I got more help from the people that know less
apparently.