[linux-audio-user] Re: Frustrated bigtime

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Aug 26 14:52:14 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:45 -0700, Noah Roberts wrote:
> This is just getting stupid.  I'm done.  I never said anything about
> 2.6.13-rc7.  I did state that 2.6.13-rc6 will _not_ compile on amd64
> if you attempt to add the RP patch.

OK, lets try to actually figure out what the problem is so we can get it
fixed.

Try to compile the latest -rt patch for AMD64.  Here's the exact kernel
and patches to use:

   http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.tar.bz2
   http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.13-rc7.bz2
   http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.13-rc7-rt3

Make sure to disable "High Res Timers" as it's experimental code.

If it fails to compile, please send me the output, and I'll forward it
to Ingo.

Lee