[linux-audio-user] Creative Live! Drive midi ports?

guy sayhi2guy at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 03:48:33 EDT 2005

October wrote:

>Ok, I bought a mint Roland E70 "intelligent
>synthesizer" and got the midi in/out working in
>windoze via the midi ports in my Sound Blaster Live!
>Platinum "Live Drive" and yet I show no connection in
>jack and friends?
>
>A bit of googling suggests there must be a way to do
>it but I have yet to find any "howto", etc.
>
>Anyone out there have expierence getting the midi
>ports in a Live! Drive working in linux?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Jon Hoskins

Hi

Are you trying to use the breakout box or connecting with an adaptor
through the 'joystick port' (which also doubles as a midi port) at the
back?  I gather there are issues with the breakout box but I have
connected a midi keyboard to a soundblaster at the back, then using
jack, without problems.  You buy thejoystick port/midi connector cables
at computer supply or music shops (mine came from the local music shop).

Regards

Guy