[linux-audio-user] reflection upon recent events here..

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at infovia.com.ar
Sun Aug 28 12:32:40 EDT 2005

El sáb, 27-08-2005 a las 22:25, Geoff Beasley escribió:
> Been a very long time since i've witnessed any flaming amonst our number
> here. I've seen Lee deal it out to those deserving of a slap, David was
> on the warpath about something a while ago etc. All that is inevitable
> and really quite healthy ( and in Lee's case much good from his way
> comes..) but it is somewhat distressing to see this kind of unneccessary
> shirt-fronting going on.
>
> The Linux community is the most giving,involving,sharing & meaningful
> groups of humainity I know... and I aint joking. The help, support and
> services supplied without ANY requirement for reward is both abundant
> and extraordinary. It is essential that everybody who takes part in or
> belongs to this group, and Linux in general, remembers where they are
> and to whom they are talking. Burning bridges only makes it harder for
> some other traveller later on.
>
> we're not on some "gamers" forum here.
>

> very best,
>
> geoff.

Agre++

Must it be assumed that because we are engineers beauty is not our
concern, and that while we make our constructions robust and durable we
do not also strive to make them elegant? Is it not true that the genuine
conditions of strength always comply with the secret conditions of
harmony? Gustave Eiffel, 1887