[linux-audio-user] [ANN] wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org online

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 29 01:08:10 EDT 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:
>>A wiki that requires registration hurts us more than spam, in my
>>opinion.
>

> Well, the need to register really is a blocker for many people. Even if
> I already have registered, I'll not know the login data as soon as I
> want to contribute something.
>
> So I guess you're unfortunately right.

   wouldn't your browser know the login data?

   I understand that you might not want your bank account info in
browser password management but IMO it's great for this kind of
not-so-important stuff like various forums, websites that require
registration etc. Or woudl you be browsing from different
browser/machine each time you'd go to the wiki?

	erik