[linux-audio-user] Creative Live! Drive midi ports?

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 29 01:24:13 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 09:30 -0700, October wrote:
>
>>Thanks!  I'll give that a try!
>

> Um, that's overkill, the MIDI ports on the breakout box work just fine.
> You may have to load the module with the "enable_ir=1" option.  Which
> you'd know if you had read the docs.

   is it somewhere in the docs? I had the same problem recently (well,
within about one year), don't remember who responded (Juhana?) but I was
looking for this info afterwards and didn't find it anywhere (IIRC
looking mostly into alsa docs that come with 2.6.11 kernel and on alsa
website), not only that but there was only ONE google result that
revealed connection between enable_ir=1 and livedrive midi.

   don't see it on alsa website (info for Sound Blaster Live Platinum:
emu10k1) and there's almost nothing that google finds.

	erik