[linux-audio-user] [ANN] wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org online

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:57:54 EDT 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 01:21 pm, Esben Stien wrote:
> A wiki that requires registration hurts us more than spam, in my
> opinion.

Hmm, you attracted some attention with that, didn't you?

Anyway, I feel somewhat the same way, or would like to make the registration
and so forth as painless as possible.  Or, more to the point (for me, at
least), is that I'd like to have a very fast way to add notes to a wiki (in
an instant).

And I'm working on (or trying to work on) something to do that.  I'm a little
hesitant to say more, because, if the gods are willing, I'd like to try to
make some money (i.e., as in make a living, not a fortune (well, don't get me
wrong, I'd accept a fortune)) with the concept/tool.

I'm investigating alternative approaches (and trying to learn an appropriate
programming language (Pascal doesn't seem to cut it anymore)).

So why bring it up?  I'm looking for help--if anyone with a programming
background wants to get involved, give a hollar.

I haven't decided how to license it yet, at least partially because if I get
some help, we'd (hopefully) come to a consensus decision on how to license
it.

Much as I hate C and C++, the most likely scenarios I've considered so far
would probably involve programming in C++, and maybe C as well.  (Maybe we
can limit how much is done in C++ or C and do the majority in something like
Ruby.)

Randy Kramer