[linux-audio-user] problem compiling fst under suse 9.3 on AMD64

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Aug 29 16:17:56 EDT 2005

carmen wrote:
>>So, I'm trying compling wine-20040505 from scratch. No probs with a
>>32bit linux. But on my suse9.3 for amd64 I get the following error while
>>making:
>>
>>interlocked.c:248:3: #error You must implement the interlocked*
>>functions for your CPU
>>
>>I guess it is because wine it's not 64bit ready. So how can I force a
>>32bit build?
>>

>wine compiles and runs as great as you could ask it to on amd64, but definitely not 20040505 - try 20050725 or newer. xfst compiled out of the box here with WINE of a recent vintage, just had to had -m32 and a libpath (/usr/lib32) to the makefile.. if you cant find xfst i think the person to ask is Genesis on freenode (but not totally positive on that, just that the name Genesis was in the tarball, and i dont think its Phil Collins)..
>
>then theres the fact that youre goign to need 2 jackd's, one running in 32bit land, and another in 64, and talk to eachother via UDP, if you want to really share audio between apps from both architectures at once..
Is this really needed? I thought that I could talk between 32bit and
64bit applications using jack.

I'm still also having problem with pure data. A x86_64 version from a
rpm gives different (and poorer) audio results from the same patch. The
32bit works but just with OSS. Otherwise i get seg faults.

I understand that my Suse distro comes with alsa libraries for both
architectures.

'Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it
we can all sit back And laugh.
But I fear tomorrow I’ll be crying.'
> how bad do you want to run VST plugins again?

I need some vst plugins (mostly Crystal synth) to work on some tracks
made under mac.