[linux-audio-user] problem compiling fst under suse 9.3 on AMD64

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Aug 29 19:06:21 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
>On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 22:17 +0200, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
>>Is this really needed? I thought that I could talk between 32bit and
>>64bit applications using jack.
>>
>>I'm still also having problem with pure data. A x86_64 version from a
>>rpm gives different (and poorer) audio results from the same patch.
>>The 32bit works but just with OSS. Otherwise i get seg faults.
>>

>Sounds like a huge pain in the ass for very little gain.  Why don't you
>just run in 32 bit mode?
>
>Lee

I'm using jack 0.99 that came with suse 9.3. I have jack libraries both
in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64. How can I invoke jack in 32 bit mode? I
guess I must compile it with -m32 gcc option and use a different name
for the binary. Is it correct? So why do I have also the 32 bit
libraries (in /usr/lib) (and a package called jack-32bit)?

c.