[linux-audio-user] problem compiling fst under suse 9.3 on AMD64

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Aug 29 22:19:26 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 01:06 +0200, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

>>>Sounds like a huge pain in the ass for very little gain.  Why don't you
>>>just run in 32 bit mode?
>>>
>>>Lee
>>>

>>I'm using jack 0.99 that came with suse 9.3. I have jack libraries both
>>in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64. How can I invoke jack in 32 bit mode? I
>>guess I must compile it with -m32 gcc option and use a different name
>>for the binary. Is it correct? So why do I have also the 32 bit
>>libraries (in /usr/lib) (and a package called jack-32bit)?
>>

>No, I mean run your whole system in 32 bit mode.  Then try 64 again in a
>few months when the apps have had a chance to catch up.  Otherwise it
>seems you're facing quite an uphill battle, unless you know how to port
>32 bit apps to 64 bit architectures...
>
>Lee

I like to think that I'm helping the linux community by testing audio
apps on a less supported platform.

BTW, I got pure data to work, by compiling latest jackd and the testing
version of pd. I guess that the pd patch I was using for testing
'filter_floyd.pd' is a tricky one, in fact it seems to me that it has
been rewritten recently. I can talk with jack and everything.

Now I just need some way to host vst plugins. Everything else works.

c.