[linux-audio-user] Saving Alsa Mixer Settings

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:07:54 EDT 2005

Nigel,

Thank you.  Your suggestion to disable KDE/KMIX's restore setting was
right on.  Turning that off let's me reboot, etc. with lots of sound.

In a totally unrelated matter,  I have lost all of the Kcontrol Modules
from my K-button menu, except for one to configure my nonexistent
digital camera.  - Any thought on that one?

Thanks.

aloha,
dave

Hi Dave. I don't know if you've fixed it, but if not try the following.
Later versions of KDE. 3.3, 3.4 have a menu bar on Kmix with a settings
menu item.  If the menubar's not there, right click on Kmix, then show
menubar.  Next.  Settings/config Kmix, and theres probably a checked box
for "load volumes at startup" . Just uncheck the box. Earlier versions of
KDE like on FC1 have the mixer config stuff in. Control centre/sound &
multimedia/mixer. And the load volumes at setup checkbox is there. HTH