[linux-audio-user] fst-1.7 -- build ardour with fst support.

Carlos Pino pinojazz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:14:07 EST 2005

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:19:24AM +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
>

>> Hi there,I'm using fst.1.7 for launch the vst's with very
>>succes,thanks to everyone who did this posible,it works really  greate.
>> At the readme file included in the tarball I read this:
>>/
>>  5) build ardour with fst support.
>>
>>  copy the SC* files from the ardour directory into your ardour build path.
>>  and the build ardour like:
>>
>>  scons VST=1 VSTPATH=/path/to/compiled/fst-1.7/
>>

>> I tried to compile ardour in that way,copied the
>>fst-1.7/ardour/SConstruct   to the build directory,and run scons  with
>>this options:
>>

>you did not copy ardour/gtk_ardour/SConscript to your gtk_ardour
>directory.
>libfst.pc is NOT needed.
>

>>/supertux at sid:~/proceso/ardour/ardour-0.99$ scons
>>BUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 USE_SSE_EVERYWHERE=0 VST=1
>>VSTPATH=/home/supertux/vst/fst-1.7/ PREFIX=/usr KSI=no DEBUG=yes/
>>

>>Anybody did it with succes?
>>

>me :)
>

>> Another question is, I see that there is another SC* file  at
>>fst-1.7/ardour/gtk_ardour/SConscript ,must  it  be copied too to the
>>gtk_ardour directory found at the building directory of ardour-0.99?
>>

>yes... i would have written SConstruct and not SC*...
>sorry... i did not put very much love in the README file...

Hi Torbenh ,thank you very much for your answer.
I copied fst-1.7/ardour/SConstruct to the build directory
and ardour/gtk_ardour/SConscript to ardour-0.99/gtk_ardour directory
,run scons as sayd before,but get another error message :

/supertux at sid:~/proceso/ardour/ardour-0.99$ scons
BUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 USE_SSE_EVERYWHE RE=0 VST=1
VSTPATH=/home/supertux/vst/fst-1.7/ PREFIX=/usr/ KSI=no DEBUG=yes
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Package libfst was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libfst.pc'
No package 'libfst' found
Checking for C header file alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
Checking for internationalization support ...
Checking for C header file libintl.h... yes
Checking for C header file
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/Header
s/CoreAudio.h... no
Checking for C function posix_memalign()... yes
Checking for C function getmntent()... yes
Checking for jack_client_open()...ok
Checking for jack_recompute_total_latencies()...ok
Checking for C header file wordexp.h... yes
Checking for C header file sys/vfs.h... yes
Checking for executable gtk-config ...yes
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
Substituting vars from ardour.rc.in into ardour.rc

libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:32:17: error: fst.h: No such file or directory
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc: In function 'void _thread_init_callback(void*)':
libs/ardour/audioengine.cc:87: error: 'fst_adopt_thread' was not
declared in this scope
scons: *** [libs/ardour/audioengine.o] Error 1
/
The complet shell output is attached.

Any idea?
Thanks very much