[linux-audio-user] Which Windows XP File System is Readable by Linux?

The Other sstubbs at shout.net
Sun Dec 4 12:08:45 EST 2005

Hello All who dual-boot Windows XP and Linux,

I had to break down and order an OEM disk of Windows XP Professional
w/SP2 to be able to run the upgrades to my legacy Windows audio
software.

I've always gone with Fat16 as the Windows file system so I could read
the Windows partition in Linux and exchange files between the two
OSes.

I know the Windows NT file system was not read/writeable by Linux.

So what file system should I install Windows XP with to be able to
read and write to it with Linux?

Also, is Windows XP going to grab an entire disk for install?  Or will
it play nice and install only in usable partitions that I set up for
it?

Thank you,
Stephen.