[linux-audio-user] Which Windows XP File System is Readable by Linux?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 4 18:44:14 EST 2005

Hallo,
The Other hat gesagt: // The Other wrote:

> So what file system should I install Windows XP with to be able to
> read and write to it with Linux?

FAT32.

> Also, is Windows XP going to grab an entire disk for install?  Or will
> it play nice and install only in usable partitions that I set up for
> it?

If you take care while formatting, paritioning, then it is possible to
let XP install only in one partition. However you will need to install
Grub/Lilo again afterwards, as Win installs it's own boot sector
(IIRC).

Generally it's best to first install Windows, then Linux, but it works
the other way around as well. Keep a Linux-boot-CD handy, in case
something goes wrong. (You did a backup, did you?)

Ciao