[linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

Steve Lindsay stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:38:09 EST 2005

On 12/4/05, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:

> > With all the press about Ubuntu I'd imaginge it's
> > worth a look, but I don't know who uses it for audio.
>
> I heard rumors that it's a bit hard to convert it into an audio machine,
> but I also heard about people who have been very successful using it
> for audio.

Can you elaborate on what makes it hard? Is it just that the kernel is
not optimised for this sort of stuff or are there other things that
make ubuntu not suitable for linux audio?

I'm just starting to look at getting into linux audio and am a bit of
an ubuntu tragic so am interested in what makes it unsuitable.

Cheers.....Steve