64bit linux audio was Re: [linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Mon Dec 5 10:44:35 EST 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 10:33 +0000, studio-64 wrote:
>
>>I would reccomend a duel boot system with a 32bit OS for the other
>>stuff you'll need to do like OPen office, Flash ( websites get very
>>tiring with a constant naggin from Firefox to install/update flash!)
>>Plus you'll need to backup and burn DVD's.
>
> Why can't you run OpenOffice or burn DVDs on a 32 bit system?

This puzzled me for a minute. I think you either misunderstand the

I think he is saying that he has difficulty doing these things with 64
bit software - and consequently is recommending a dual-boot set-up with
a 32 bit O/S installed specifically for these tasks.

It sounds to me as though he *can* do these things in 32 bit, but has
difficulty in 64 bit.

Michael