[linux-audio-user] Yamaha's mLAN-LinuxSampler-Giga Files

Jody McIntyre scjody at modernduck.com
Mon Dec 5 18:55:59 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 07:15:23PM +0200, Mehmet Okonsar wrote:
> Hi!
> How mLAN (Firewire) is supported? What about the o1X
> users?

mLAN support requires two things:

1. An iec61883-6 driver, which is currently being developed by the
FreeBob project.

2. Connection management.  This is harder, since there is very little
documentation available on current mLAN devices.  Things should be
easier for future devices that implement the Open Generic Transporter
standard, but older devices don't do things in a standard way.

I'm working on connection management for the PreSonus FIRESTATION (and
it's taking longer than I expected.)  I'm not sure how close the 01X's
firmware is to that and I don't have one to play with.  Give this a try:
http://modernduck.com/mlan_init/ and let me know what happens, but even
if it does initialize the 01X it's far from a complete solution.

Cheers,
Jody