vocal effect (was Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get good vocal sound)

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Dec 7 01:34:44 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 14:47 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 06:05 -0500, Bill Allen wrote:
> > I've been struggling with a technique problem. How do you get your
> > vocals to sound good?
>
> Actually this reminds me of something that's been bugging me.  What's
> that really digital sounding vocal effect that you hear on a lot of R&B
> stuff these days?  It's all over that tune "I'm Sprung" that was on the
> radio all summer, and in the Simpsons episode where they have a boy
> band, on Ralph Wiggum's voice when he sings "love formation".

    Cher started that garbage about 4 or 5 years ago - it's pitch
correction taken to extremes.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744