vocal effect (was Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get good vocal sound)

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Wed Dec 7 16:51:31 EST 2005

Lee Revell wrote:

> I don't get it either.  How can it be considered progress when almost 30
> years later "state of the art" CGI still looks worse than Star Wars did?
> I guess because it's cheaper.  Sad, really.

Yes, I think as far as movie SFX goes, "The Empire Strikes Back"
(original version) was the pinnacle.

Not to mention the audio engineering of albums like "Dark Side of the
Moon" :-) Even now I find myself still using tube amps (even mike pre's)
   for everything. Love to get a tube compressor also.

-- Brett