[linux-audio-user] Linux Sampler

c yaqtil at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 02:04:17 EST 2005

> Though it might be pointless to support either - seems like everything
> is in Kontakt or Halion format now, so maybe that should be the format
> to work on.  Too many options - a moving target isn't easy to hit.

agree (akai stuff is fairly obsolete, and gigasampler is major yawn:
just a bunch of strings 'n' crap for the 'we no longer use real bands'
hollywood set..CDXtract in WINE to wavs...)

there was talk a while back about a common xml-metadata-based
sample/bank/instrument format...itd be nice to be able to freely move
files between chionic / specimen / sooperlooper / ardour / pd without
redoing mapping, bpm, volume etc each time....