[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] new songs on-line

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Dec 9 13:26:39 EST 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:36:15AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>Greetings:
>>
>>  I've put two new recordings on-line:
>>
>>    http://linux-sound.org/itsover.ogg
>>
>>    http://linux-sound.org/tomorrownight.ogg
>>
>>  Both pieces recorded in Ardour and mastered with JAMin.
>>

>Great stuff as always, Dave.
>One criticism - get a mic for that guitar!
>That piezo sound always bothers me :)

It *is* a crappy sound, isn't it ? I think of it as the OPL3 of
electroacoustics. :)

Well, a decent instrument costs more dinero than I ever have at any
given time. Ditto for a decent mic. The guitar sounds just as bad
through one of my mics anyway, it's a real POS.

I'm still on the lookout for a good preamp. I'm considering an M-Audio
Omni I/O box, waiting for a great deal to show up on eBay. Maybe that
could help the sound of the guitar too ?

As always, thanks for lending your ears, Paul. Btw, I loved Abby's voice
on the track you posted recently, she's an excellent singer, recorded
nicely.

Best,

dp