[linux-audio-user] artificial-head IR-file for jack_convolve

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Fri Dec 9 13:46:33 EST 2005

Andrew, current edition of the german computer magazine "c't" has an
article on virtual spatialization. They mention "Dolby headphone (tm)"
and another effort by Creative (makers of the soundblaster stuff). What
they say about results perfectly dampens any higher expectations.

Reading the thing makes me doubt that simply convolving with a room
response would do what you want. "Kunstkopf", a very old technique,
might be worth googling for. And in the back of my mind there's a faint
note about David R. Clark (davidrclark at earthlink.net) knowing things
about headphone spatialization. He used to be on LAU.

Wolfgang