[linux-audio-user] new songs on-line

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Dec 9 19:45:45 EST 2005

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:36:15AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>Greetings:
>>
>> I've put two new recordings on-line:
>>
>>   http://linux-sound.org/itsover.ogg
>>

>Great Vocals, just right.
>There's some strange stereo issue with the guitar, it seems to
>jump to one side at times. The guitar sound is a bit overly
>sharp (maybe this is the piezo sound ... ain't got a clue about
>guitars), but the playing is all fine.

Hi Thorsten:

  Thanks for listening and for your comments. I agree with Paul W re:
the guitar sound, but I also think it's just hopeless with or without
the electronics. It's a cutaway acoustic, not a solid top, so its
un-amp'd sound is as cheesy as its electronically enhanced sound.

>The drum-programming is quite good, the sounds are too ... uhm
>... compact and lack room, I think.

MIDI drums, via the default 8MB soundfont for the SBLive. I'm one of the
laziest musicians on the planet.

>Dave, I would love trying to program a different style of beats
>to a drumless version of this, so I would be pleased if you
>would make such a mix available and give allowance :)

I'd like to try this sort of thing. I'll rework it this weekend and will
let you know when/where it's available.

>>   http://linux-sound.org/tomorrownight.ogg
>>

>Just not in the mood to get into this one, but it's solid
>quality for sure.

Well, this kind of tune is an acquired taste. It's one of my Mom's
favorite's, and Christmas is coming soon, so I must keep Mom happy. ;-)

Thank you for listening to my stuff. We'll try the collaboration, it'll
be fun.

Best,

dp