[linux-audio-user] qjackctl & set_rtlimits

reuben reubenf at sonic.net
Sat Dec 10 11:53:20 EST 2005

(Not terribly surprisingly) I can't get the Agnula low latency kernel
working on my Ubuntu box (the nvidia drivers are not happy!)

So, I figured I'd attempt the set_rtlimits approach.

Starting jackd with:
set_rtlimits -d -r=10 /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -r44100 -p1024 -n2

*almost* gets rid of xruns. What are more appropriate settings? I've
tried everything from -r=1 to -r=100. Nothing completely eliminated xruns.

Second, how do I configure qjackctl to use set_rtlimits, if this is
indeed the best approach? I see hooks for start & stop scripts, but
nothing to modify the command.

Thanks
Reuben