[linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 13:40:03 EST 2005

Pete Leigh wrote:
  > If jackd is already running when qjackctl starts, there's no need to
> press qjackctl's start button (qjackctl will notice jackd is running
> and behave accordingly..)
>
> Alternatively, there's a "start JACK audio server on application
> startup" option in qjackctl's options dialog, under the "misc" tab.
> Haven't tried that personally, but don't see why it shouldn't work...

Thanks very much. Both options sound just right.

Someone complained the other day when she wanted to play music on my
machine, and I told her how to start qjackctl, xmms and open konqueror
(because the xmms "open file" window is a bit dated, and I thought she'd
prefer the look of konqueror).

She said that it was easier in Windows. So I just felt the need to
demonstrate how cool the alternatives are.

Thanks
Michael