[linux-audio-user] transposing frequency

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:27:30 EST 2005

Lars Luthman wrote:

> To transpose X semitones up, multiply the frequency with 2^(X/12). To
> transpose down, just use a negative X. For C cents it should be
> 2^(C/1200).

Thanks alot guys.

Right now I just needed the formula, but I'm hoping to find time during
christmas to write a ladspa plugin that transposes using this formula.
Don't know nothing about ladspa, but as far as I ca tell this super
simple transpose-plugin should provide the easies possible way into
ladspa for me. If I can't figure this one out I can't figure nothing out...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk