[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Audiophile 192

Ctirad Fertr phanatic at volny.cz
Sun Dec 11 19:07:09 EST 2005

Dne sobota 10 prosince 2005 04:29 Marco Schaffhöfer napsal(a):

Hello,

> Moreover I would like to know the differences between both cards (except
> from the sampling rate). Are there any benefits using the Audiophile 192
> compared to the 2496?

audiophile 192 has balanced I/O and slightly better converters. However, some
people say it sounds worse than audiophile 2496 or even that it's noisy. I
read many reviews and comments and it seems, that there is really something
wrong with this card. I would definitely focus on a differrent one.

Regards,

Ctirad