[linux-audio-user] How to get good vocal sound

Aaron Phillips adphillips at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:24:49 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:> Getting the right position relative to the mic can make a big difference to> the quality of what you record.
Thanks for mentioning mic positioning.  I am just beginning to recordvocals and have questions about the distance my vocalist should befrom the mic.  I have had a bit of trouble with a sizzling/distortedsound and I'm not sure if it is due to the mic itself being overloadedor if this is compressor noise/bad compressor.I am using a StudioProjects C1 & Maudio omni I/O box (w/ mic preamp) &DBX XL166 compressor.I'd appreciate any advice.Thanks,Aaron