[linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:08:09 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:
>I would start getting annoyed if
> I suddenly found I couldn't log in as root after upgrading and was tied to a
> GNOME desktop with all my essential services turned off!-]

Yes, that is certainly a consideration.  You can install fluxbox and
openbox, but I can attest that if you install flux, you will be left
to build all of your menus by yourself.  As much as I enjoy tinkering
around with my computer, building the perfect menu is something I
would rather leave to someone else :)

> Do the DeMuDi multimedia kernels not work with Ubuntu then?
> --
I haven't tried, but I can tell you that I just *finally* got my
Radeon 9200 working with a standard Ubuntu kernel, so it is unlikely
that I'm going to mess with that anytime soon.  I think the best
option for me is to start bugging the Ubuntu developers to start
making "official" RT kernels available.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com