[linux-audio-user] wav to spectrum-image

Dubphil dubphil at free.fr
Wed Dec 14 05:51:52 EST 2005

> What is the license for this software?

I have the 1999 version, don't know if there is a more recent version...
And in this version it is only mentioned "All rights reserved".
In fact user must ask to James Beauchamp in order to get the package.

> This would be really great to use in nautilus to generate icons for
> audio files.

humm I probably didn't say the right term when I said "on the fly" the
spectrum is made once after the uploading of the sample. An eps file is
created then convert to jpeg by imagemagick, and the image is stored on
the disk. In addition, the average size of the samples are 512ko so things
are done pretty fast. I don't know what could be done with significant
larger audio files. Nevertheless we could find a better way to handle
icons of audio file by Nautilus ;)

Regards

Philippe