[linux-audio-user] Which is the best way to simulate a real piano under gnu/Linux? Here's my proposal.

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Dec 14 13:09:11 EST 2005

Dave Robillard wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-14-12 at 08:26 -0800, Chris Reisor wrote:
>

>>On 12/13/05, Cesare Marilungo <cesare at poeticstudios.com> wrote:
>>

>>>- the patch will send the notes to two different responses according to
>>>the state of the damper pedal (I'm not sure this could be done with om);
>>>

>This will be possible in the MIDI domain with the new version (currently
>in CVS) which has MIDI patching (unfortunately there's no plugin spec
>that can handle MIDI input and output yet).
>
>You'd still be able to do it just with some simple multiplication (or
>maybe a switch plugin), assuming you can get a boolean signal (0, 1)
>from the damper pedal.
>
>Let me know how it goes.
>
>-DR-

Ok. So I need to try the CVS version. But I'm also having problems with
DSSI plugins. Om doesn't see  them. I compiled it myself with
--enable-dssi (and the configure script does find dssi.h) and set the
correct DSSI_PATH, but I can't see them in the plugins list.

I also need to filter incoming midi notes and to trigger other samples
according to the situation. Maybe I can study om MIDI plugins API and
code a plugin with everything I need.

Thank you,