[linux-audio-user] Re: The best distro for music creation

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Dec 14 14:23:07 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 13:50 -0500, Rob wrote:
> I'm typing this on a notebook with an Intel chipset
> whose drivers are free, but it's also maybe 10% as fast as a
> "gaming video card."

Ugh, maybe it's worse than I thought.  All I know is Tuxracer is
playable on my Via Unichrome chipset which has an open source 3D
driver ;-)

If the situation is that bad then the Open Graphics project might be our
only hope.  They claim they will be able to hit 90-95% of the
performance of Nvidia and ATI gaming cards.

Lee