[linux-audio-user] Burning CDs under 2.6?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Dec 14 17:36:31 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> I haven't attempted to burn a cd in a long time, apparently
> not since I upgraded my kernel to 2.6 (currently 2.6.13),
> and hmmm, it no longer "just works."  Argh.

There is no more ide-scsi emulation in 2.6, make sure you don't have
that compiled in and make sure any kernel cmdline lines in grub/lilo
are not there.

Watch the bootup, or use dmesg to determine which device is your cd
burner, a common one is /dev/hdc.

Then try cdrecord dev=ATAPI:/dev/hdc  ....

jlc