OT: Accelerated 3D GFX cards with Free drivers (was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: The best distro for music creation)

studio-64 fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 06:43:29 EST 2005

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> studio-64 <fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk>:
>
>>HI I would have to say the RME on this, its
>>supported on Linux (no control panel as such yet)
>

> What do you mean? There are "hdspmixer" and "hdspconf".

Unfortunatly the hammerfall isin't found by these apps, no idea why, as
the reason I bought the RME was for Linux support.

Here is the putput of hdspconf:

********************
Looking for HDSP cards :
Card 0 : RME Digi9636 (Rev 1.5) at 0xfd000000, irq 169
Card 1 : EDIROL UM-1 at usb-0000:00:0f.0-1, full speed
Card 2 : MPU-401 UART at 0x330, irq 5
No Hammerfall DSP card found.
64studio:~#

card is there and is used by jack no problems (I dont think I can set
the sample rate through jack though)

Cheers
Bob

             Bearmusic