[linux-audio-user] Looking for soundcard.

Andrew Gaydenko a at gaydenko.com
Sun Dec 18 08:16:14 EST 2005

Thanks, I have looked at the device. It is superfluous fo my purposes.
I have tried to find something like USB-SPDIF bridge only (taking in
mind an external DAC using).

======= On Sunday 18 December 2005 16:03, Christoph Eckert wrote: =======

> As you are familiar with USB alsa support, can you recommend an USB
> device with the only demands to have SPDIF (coaxial or optic) 96/24
> in/out?

I never used SPDIF, but at least the UA-25 can be run @ 24/96 (but then
not in full duplex mode) and it features digital I/O (not sure  if it
is SPDIF). Ask Google for details.

Here's a link to the device (no, I'm not paid by Thomann ;-) :

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_edirol_ua25_usb_audio_prodinfo.html

Best regards

    ce