[linux-audio-user] Proof of the Pudding [New Music]

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Sun Dec 18 11:25:37 EST 2005

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Of course, you could also just sell everything you own, take a out a
> personal loan at high interest, and hire a real orchestra to read
> through your piece once. ;-)

Alternatively, find a decent local amateur orchestra, and make friends
with them... Talk to the conductor, give him the score, let them
rehearse it. Hire/borrow a reasonable sounding room, and take along your
PC with some microphones. You could even record at one of their
rehersals if that's convenient.

Try youth, amateur, college and University orchestras. I'm sure that
most of these kinds of groups would be keen to get involved. Most
musicians like playing music...

It might not be the same as a professional orchestra, but some of them
do sound good.

Regards,
Michael