[linux-audio-user] OT: Music *not* made with gnu/Linux.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:12:56 EST 2005

On 12/18/05, R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Frankly, I don't care about sides. I just like the
> > music. If I did a
> > recording in Pro Tools and wanted to post it here
> > I'd add a bit of
> > some Linux soft synth and postit. What's the big
> > deal, right?
>
> I'd suggest sticking with the Subject style of
> "OT:..." which is being used in this post. That
> enables people to delete the post without investing
> their time into figuring out that the post doesn't
> have much of anything to do with Linux Audio.
>
> Otherwise you can post music that's produced with
> Linux audio applications which is on topic for a list
> titled Linux Audio Users. No?
>
> ron

Ron,
   You're certainly allowed you opinion, but I don't think the only
definition of a 'Lunux Audio User' is someone using Linux for
recording, ala Ardour or whatever. I mean, I use Ardour. I no longer
use Pro Tools. I was only making the point that if I'm using Linux
anywhere in my tool set to make music, be it Jamin or ZynAddSubFX or
Muse or Rosegarden, then it's my opinion, and only my opinion, that
it's just as on topic as some other tool set. Note that we have
discussions here and elsewhere about Ardour on OS X. Technically
that's off topic also, right?

   Anyway, I'll be happy to say OT when I think it's appropriate. I
expect it won't be very often.

With best regards,
Mark