[linux-audio-user] extract and mix

Greg Wilder greg at gregwilder.com
Mon Dec 19 16:00:36 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 15:40, Brad Fuller wrote:
> thanks greg. It's a bit more informative than sndfile-info, I like that
> it also gives sample length (your example doesn't show it, but it did
> when I ran it.)
>  Where'd you get it?
Good question.  Somebody on the list will know for sure.  I think is an old
version of sndflie-info that used to come with csound?  Maybe?  Sndinfo is a
little utility I've carried around on my linux boxes since 1997 or so.  I
think I picked it up at Eastman.  It may have even begun life running on one
of those amazing ol' NeXT machines... (R.I.P.)

>  Is there an argument that can extract specific
> data? like just the type or just the length?
Nope.  I've attached an ugly little perl script that will do it.  Not pretty,
but it gets the job done.

> Does it extract information from the header, or calculate the information?
Don't know.

www.gregwilder.com