[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 20 07:32:27 EST 2005

I. I. Ooisen wrote:

>>I don't work with notation much these days, but I found that NE had a
>>transparent interface and many useful features. I've been writing a
>>series of articles for the Linux Journal on music notation software
>>for Linux, NE will be profiled in the next installment, along with
>>LilyPond.
>>

>maybe you shouldn't mention them together, as it seems this creates
>confusion. (somebody expressed it earlier in the thread.)

NE creates output formatted for MusiXTeX/PMX, LilyPond, abc, MIDI, and
MusicXML, an impressive number of targets. I'm planning to include it
with the LilyPond profile precisely because it is such a superb
front-end for LilyPond.

I agree with Hans re: usage. Apps succeed in the world because of their
merit and because people actually use them. I also agree that getting
the word out is important to the public awareness of the app.

So maybe you should consider writing an article about NoteEdit ? I'm not
joking, there are a number of venues that would be interested in such an
article.

>i suppose people need to know that noteedit is user friendly and gui. or
>maybe you could emphasize this.

I will. There will be screenshots. :)

Best,

dp