[linux-audio-user] A bit of homemade music

Steve D groups at xscd.com
Wed Dec 21 02:05:45 EST 2005

No fancy stuff, just a short trifle, a piano piece recorded into Ardour,
run through Jamin, exported by Ardour, opened in Rezound, LADSPA TAP
auto-panner plugin applied, saved, encoded into OGG-Vorbis format by
oggenc, OGG file tagged with easytag, uploaded with gftp. Simple,
educational and fun! ;-)

http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/arabesque1.ogg

Regarding the recent discussion about NoteEdit and music notation in
general, Linux/*BSD and Windows have the best notation editor in the
world, in my opinion, in Lilypond. And it's free (although financially
sponsored in part by various of its grateful users).

Ardour and Lilypond are both great programs. And so are Rezound,
Audacity, qjactctl, Jamin, Rosegarden4--the list of great audio and MIDI
programs for Linux users is long and staggering in its richness.

-Steve Doonan, New Mexico, US
History from a 10 year old: "Charles Darwin was a naturalist. He
wrote the Organ of the Species. It was very long people got
upset about it and had trials to see if it was really true. He
sort of said God's days were not just 24 hours but without
watches who knew anyway? I don't get it."