[linux-audio-user] NOTEEDIT, the scorewriter (previously: CLI vs. GUI and other Linux sound issues (previously: FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT))

I. I. Ooisen ii001001 at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 23 02:28:05 EST 2005

> You hadn't made that clear in your previous posts.

i think i was absolutely clear that i was "pro-cli". these are some
fragments of the very post to which you answered as though you thought
i was "anti-cli":

1. i must emphasize it, and i will: "command line", THE WAY WE SEE IT
NOW, is a primitive way to put a computer to work. (quite strong an
emphasis, clear too)

2. command line will *always* matter. "the logos" can always express
things which the image or sound themselves will never be able to. so i
don't think command line will _ever_ become obsolete. not even if we
will connect our mind directly to the computer.

3. in fact, as soon as we can "talk" to the computer, the command "line"
will be the most... modern way to talk to computers. no way for it to
ever become obsolete.

> I don't agree that the GUI reverts us to the animal state, it's just
> another way of

ok... but don't you even agree to its non-rhetorical / non-exaggerated
version? :)

if not, then please tell me to which premise you disagree and how
strongly:

{
1. gui reverts us to concrete, less abstract, experience
2. decreasing abstraction level is anti-evolutionary

ergo
gui reverts evolution
}

thanks.